- Geriatric Care Management
- Assisted Living In The Home
- In Home Care
- Interactive Caregiving™
- Private Duty Nursing
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery & Home Shopping
- Respite Care
- Transitioning Home
- Fall Risk Reduction
- Medication Reminders
- Veterans Care
- Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Care
- 24 Hour Home Care
- End of Life Care
Companion Care Makes Meal Preparation Easy for Seniors
Friendly companion care encourages healthy eating habits and conversation over mealtime
If your loved one has been having trouble with meal preparation lately, it does not mean they will have to move to a nursing home or assisted living facility. With the help of our companion care program, your loved one will be able to stay in their home in Federal Way, WA for a long time. Possibly even throughout the remainder of their life.
We developed our senior care program with the idea to keep as many seniors in their home as possible. This is because we knew that many seniors could stay independent and live in the comfort of their own home sometimes with just a little bit of help from a trained caregiver.
The sad fact is that many seniors end up moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility because they are not able to continue doing the simple things of everyday living. Our unique brand of care called Interactive Caregiving was created to help your loved one live on their own terms - staying engaged while also getting the help they need.
Companion care includes not only meal preparation but also conversation and companionship, laundry, light housekeeping, grocery store runs, errands, transportation and medication reminders. Our caregiver will be there as your loved one's right hand, helping them get through the day on their own terms.
As far as meal preparation goes, a caregiver will work with your loved one to find a solution that best works for them. This may be:
- If your parent loved to cook and prepare meals, our caregiver can act like a sous chef, helping to prepare vegetables and other ingredients and doing other prep work.
- They can also clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes both before and after the meal preparation.
- Your senior may have hated cooking and wants nothing to do with the kitchen. In this case, our caregiver can do everything for them without your loved one having to lift a finger
- Maybe your loved one likes cooking, but can no longer handle the stress of chopping food and preparing; we can have your loved garnish the dishes and serve it
Whatever your senior's preference may be, we got it!
Your loved one's caregiver can also go to the grocery store for them. Often, grocery store trips become simply impossible because driving can become an increasingly dangerous activity as a person ages. Besides that, lifting heavy grocery bags and other items can be quite risky for people with joint or back problems and heart conditions.
If you think companion care could benefit your loved one, please give us a call at our local office Federal Way, WA. We are here to answer any questions you may have and address all concerns.
Thank you for reaching out to Comfort Keepers.